Saturday, March 21, 2009

Skydiving

I went skydiving 2 weeks ago, I emailed the falling illini and they signed me up for a accelerateed free fall(AFF). Where I'm supposed to jump up off the plane at 14500 feet, accompanied by 2 instructors. So we left the union and drove for 2 hours till we reached Vandala Airport, an official US skydiving side.

We spend the entire morning practising the proper skydiving posture, getting out of the plane properly and pulling the rip cord. I underwent special training, as I'm the only first timer that's going to do a AFF, the other 7 people were gonna do a Static line jump, whereby they are strapped on to an instructor and just enjoy the ride back down to earth.

We had a very special member with us on that day, he was a special forces personnnel, and he'd already done 140 military jump out of C130's, even the instructors were blown away, then he told us all his stories, we were just amazed.

At one moment, the lead instructor took out a big box and asked me to lay down on the box, belly facing down. He made we wear the full gear, and practise the move as if I was actually sky diving, it was really tiring. The special forces guy also gave me a few tips of his own, 'There are somethings, where you can't always follow the rules, just trust your Instinct'.

After 6 hours of training, we were all strapped into our gear and ready to rock and roll. We were about to enter the plane when the jump got called off, due to very high winds, haiz, we'll just hav to wait till spring break is over then we can actually make that jump.

Remember when sex was safe...and skydiving was dangerous?

No comments:

Post a Comment